Invite a friend
Adult Summer Art Programs
Summer Art Programs for Adults at the Whitemarsh Art Center
Instructor: Lynn Hoffman
Wednesday7:00 PM-10:00 PM
Continue your ceramic pursuits in this summer evening class. Individualized attention and a variety of demonstrations will help you explore and interpret the ceramic form. Special attention will be given to surface treatment of both pottery and sculpture. Focus will be on functional pottery for kitchen, garden, and home decor. Introduction to the potter’s wheel will be available to interested students. Eight wheels available. Basic materials and firing included.
Tuesday 1:30 PM-4:00
In the ceramics open studio format, you are on your own to create at your own pace and direction. The Art Center is staffed by a volunteer who is familiar with various art programs and will assist you with access to facilities and equipment, but is not equipped to act as an art teacher.
A relaxing approach to celebrating art in the summertime !
This summer, we are expanding our open studio ceramics program to include other forms of art that can be explored in and around our farmhouse at Cedar Grove Park, in an open studio format.
Meet friends. Make friends. Learn from others. Create!
The program will run from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM, on each of eight Tuesday afternoons between June 19 and August 14 (excluding July 3), and is available for Whitemarsh Art Center adult members only.
It includes the following:
- Open house and access to the spaces at the Whitemarsh Art Center Farmhouse
- Something cool to drink will be available (lemonade or iced tea). Consider bringing a treat for yourself and something to share
- Start a project – paint, draw, sculpt
- Access to Easels, Tools, Art books
- PAINTING – “en plein-air” or in the studio (bring your own canvas and paints)
- CERAMICS – for experienced members only ($20/week fee charged. Prerequisite required: Must have taken a Ceramics class at WAC within the past 3 years.)
- Someone from the WAC board of directors will be there to answer questions and discuss Art Center operations and direction
- Opportunities to exhibit completed work on our web site, in the Fall issue of Articulations and possibly, elsewhere.
- Other possibilities and demonstrations are being explored. Watch our website, facebook page and look for e-mailings for more details as they develop.
Under the open studio format, you are on your own to create at your own pace and direction. The Art Center is staffed by a volunteer who is familiar with various art programs and will assist you with access to facilities and equipment, but is not equipped to act as an art teacher.
Registration is only required for Open Studio Ceramics at this time. The cost is $20 per week and is limited to 10 students. The fee includes access all equipment and wheels, glazing and kiln operations. To better accommodate your schedule, we have made the structure more ﬂexible, allowing you to sign up for any or all 8 weeks. When registering, please specify which weeks (6/19, 6/26, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31, 8/7, 8/14) you intend to come. To ensure consistent kiln results, we require that you purchase/use our clay. If you sign up for 5 weeks or more, a bag of clay is included at no cost. We recommend signing up in advance as it is expected that this part of the program will sell out.
|Where||Whitemarsh Art Center 100 Cedar Grove Rd, Conshohocken, PA 19428 (Whitemarsh Art Center located in the Cedar Grove Park FARMHOUSE)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
More About Whitemarsh Art Center
The Whitemarsh Art Center has served the community since 1964, providing a variety of art classes and workshops for adults and children. The Center's staff of hard working teachers are dedicated to providing stimulating and educational art exploration opportunities for students of all ages. Whitemarsh also has a group of tireless volunteers who are integral in helping the Whitemarsh Art Center thrive and benefit the community.