It is looking to be another busy week in the Plymouth-Whitemarsh area and Patch will do its best to cover whatever is happening. Here is a quick rundown of five things we hope to inform residents and get some opinions on.
- The Plymouth Township Council will discuss a waiver request for First Niagara Bank and Fingers, Wings and Other Things at it’s regular meeting on Monday, July 11. The meeting is being held in the township’s municipal building at 7 p.m.
- The Whitemarsh Zoning Hearing Board, which is also meeting at 7 p.m. on July 11, will discuss three different applications, including a request regarding a proposed new Planet Fitness gym center in Flourtown. The meeting will be held in the Whitemarsh municipal building.
- Plymouth Township continues its summer movie program at the community amphitheatre on Wednesday with a showing of the children’s film Diary of a Wimpy Kid. The program is free and will begin at dusk on July 13.
- The Whitemarsh Board of Supervisors will have one of its two monthly meetings on Thursday, July 14 at the township’s municipal building. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. but no agenda is available for the meeting at this time.
- The Montgomery County Young Democrats association is holding its summer barbeque in Lafayette Hill on Saturday, July 16 at 2290 Autumn Lane. Attendees are asked to make a minimum donation of $5. The barbeque is scheduled from 5 to 11 p.m.
We will also be reporting on the county's push for radio upgrades and will take a look at the Whitemarsh Police Department's "Cop Camp" program.
As always, if you have a story you would like to see reported on, drop me a line at email@example.com or call me at 610-350-7206.