Fire Scare at Spring Mill Corporate Center Closes Hector St.
A charred pizza at Café Zoe caused the building to be evacuated Monday night.
A pizza left in the oven at Café Zoe closed Hector Street and evacuated the Spring Mill Corporate Center in Whitemarsh for roughly 30 minutes Monday night.
According to Spring Mill Fire Chief Pat McCloskey, someone in the office complex triggered the fire alarm after smelling a suspicious odor in the building, which is attached to Café Zoe.
McCloskey said that there was minimal smoke in the building, but that a charred pizza from the café caused the odor.