Be it professionals from the area making headlines, Colonial alumni making waves or local sports putting themselves on the map, the Plymouth-Whitemarsh area was busy from a sports perspective in 2011. Here's a look at some of the stories we covered.
- Jalen Bond Talks College: Before announcing his decision to attend Texas A&M, the PWHS grad talked with Patch about de-committing from Pitt.
- Fight Rugby Takes First: The Conshohocken-based rugby team took the first ever USARL championship in 2011.
- Plymouth Meeting Boxer Talks Faith: A pro boxer with ties to Plymouth Meeting and Montgomery County talks about his road to the pros.
- PWHS Football Heads to Playoff: Though they didn't go all the way, the Plymouth Whitemarsh High School football team made a strong run to the playoffs earlier in the fall.
- Pee Wee for 50 Years: The Conshohocken Golden Bears celebrated its half-century in the borough despite an increasing need for volunteers and donations.